Thursday: Prompt: Write about a moment when you felt you had the power to make a difference in someone else's life.

One time, my friend was having a really hard time dealing with their parents fighting a lot. They felt stuck and didn’t know what to do, so I listened to them and gave some advice about staying calm and finding someone they trust to talk to. I told them things can get better even when it feels really hard. They thanked me later and said it helped them feel less alone, which made me feel like I actually made a difference for them.

Today in class, we worked on chapters 23-25 of A Lesson Before Dying by discussing key events and answering questions. I learned more about how the story is building up to its most emotional moments. It helped me think about the strength it takes to face unfair situations, and I feel like it shows how important it is to find dignity even in tough times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday: Prompt: Describe what you did over the winter break (use at least 5 words from Vocabulary Lesson 10 in your paragraph)

Tuesday: Prompt: If you had to write a poem about your life RIGHT NOW, what would it be about? Explain your answer in at least 4 to 5 sentences. make it about how I am heading in to college and how I want to travel more

Friday: Prompt: Describe your idea of a perfect day spent with someone you care about.