Wednesday: Prompt: What is your American Dream? What do you like most about America?

 My American Dream is a life where you can have a family and a house and still be able to have good free time for yourself and care for them. I want to be able to travel the world on top of working a job, where a job doesn't take up my whole life, or I am living paycheck to paycheck. The dream is to do 40 hours a week maximum for my job, and have enough money to be able to do fun stuff on the weekends and travel. The main thing about America that I love is the freedom and democracy. Not all countries have freedom of speech and other key human rights, and I love having that. 

Today in class we read Let America be America Again and did a project on it. The Poem was about how America was back then and the struggles that it had in it. It was hoping for a better life in the future for many people that were not rich and white. I liked the poem since it is still valuable today and stood the test of time - showing how many issues of that time are still evident today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday: Prompt: Describe what you did over the winter break (use at least 5 words from Vocabulary Lesson 10 in your paragraph)

Tuesday: Prompt: If you had to write a poem about your life RIGHT NOW, what would it be about? Explain your answer in at least 4 to 5 sentences. make it about how I am heading in to college and how I want to travel more

Friday: Prompt: Describe your idea of a perfect day spent with someone you care about.